Created with sustainability in mind, Song Saa Private Island reflects the beauty of the Cambodian coastline. It’s a place that breathes in time with nature, built from local materials, by local hands, and infused with local art and soul. An evolved tropical getaway with a pristine private beach, spacious wooden villas, heavenly spa sanctuaries and a preserved coral reef, Song Saa Private Island lets you detach from the world and tune into simple luxuries.
Built with reclaimed timber and materials from the mainland, the resort’s design and architecture reiterates our commitment to sustainability. Each villa is a private sanctuary, a refined blend of thatched roofs, linen-draped canopy beds, up-cycled décor and repurposed furniture. Discarded oil drums find new life as lamps. Driftwood serves as a table or bench. Salvaged wood from old fishing boats and factory yards now forms decks and floors and beams.
Our culinary practice is proudly based on locally sourced ingredients: seasonal fruits and vegetables, wildlife-friendly Ibis rice from farmers in the North, fleshy cashew nuts and meaty coconuts from nearby villages. Then there’s the distinctive favour of Kampot pepper infusing our cuisine with a truly local culinary twist. We’re happy to cater to guests with dietary restrictions and our vegan and vegetarian dishes are some of our tastiest.
When it comes to wiling away your time, Song Saa lets you be as active or as inert as you like. Idle on our pristine sands or take off on a diving adventure. Take a sunset cruise across dazzling seas or explore our rainforest trails and see our native plants and wildlife. At night, enjoy a quiet dinner for two, then retreat to your villa terrace, clinking glasses under the constellations and wondering how you could ever leave…
The use of personal drones at Song Saa Private Island is strictly prohibited.
- 24 private pool villas
- 2 restaurant and bars
- Large infinity pool
- Spa and wellness sanctuaries
- Water sports: scuba diving, kayaking, snorkelling, speedboat
- Ecological and cultural programmes
- Private beach
- Private mooring available
Cambodia Hotel's Location
Song Saa Private Island is in the Koh Rong Archipelago, Cambodia – a 45-min speedboat ride from Sihanoukville Port
The nearest airport is Sihanoukville international airport (KOS) - a 30 mins drive
From Siem Reap International airport (REP) to Sihanoukville international airport (KOS) - approx. 45 mins flight
From Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH) to Sihanoukville international airport (KOS) - approx. 40 mins flight or directly drive approx. 5 hours from Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville Port, including a rest break.
From Don Mueang International Airport (DMK) Bangkok Thailand to Sihanoukville international airport (KOS) - approx. 1h 40mins flight - Starts from 1st July 2019.
We are also accessible via private helicopter
A. Phnom Penh – Song Saa (one way 1.2 hr.)
B. Siem Reap – Song Saa (one way 1.6 hr.)
C. Pick up point of choice - SSPI
Please contact our reservations team for more information on helicopter transfer.
Boat services are available from 1030 - 1600hrs from Sihanoukville Port.
From Sihanoukville Port to Song Saa Island:
10:30 (mainland time)
13:30 (mainland time)
16:30 (mainland time)
Song Saa Island to Sihanoukville Port:
08:00 (Island time)
10:30 (Island time)
15:30 (Island time)
*Boat schedules are subject to change in line with arrivals and departures, for the latest and finalised boat schedules please connect with our reservations at email@example.com
Coronavirus (COVID-19) measures
Support During This Time
We would ask you to bear in mind that this is an incredibly tough time for the entire travel industry. If you are looking for ways you can support us, the best way to help is by making a new booking or postponing an existing booking. This allows us to continue the amazing work our team has been doing in the wider community through sustainability, education, and other outreach programs - something that is more important than ever right now.
We have a range of offers at the moment for both bookings in the immediate future and more long-term.
It also means that we can provide you with what we do best -- a rejuvenating stay. The entire team feels a new sense of importance in leading the way in how we travel and experience places. This is something we would love you to join us in.
Ultimately, though, we will support you to do whatever you feel is best for you and your loved ones.
For Existing Bookings
All existing bookings made can be postponed or cancelled for stays until 20 December 2021. This change or cancellation will be made without a fee until 30 September 2020.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
if you need help with your travel plans, rescheduling your trip or have any other concerns. Throughout this difficult time, we would like to thank you all for your continued support and send wishes of good health.
We are taking bookings now for stays from now until 30 September 2020. We understand that it is a confusing time to travel. We are addressing this with:
- Full refund or amendment to any booking made between now and 30 September 2020.
- Comprehensive health and safety guidelines, including temperature checking of all staff and guests travelling, and industry best practice sanitation techniques.
Please see the below FAQ section for more details.
The Song Saa family wish you a safe and successful continuation,
Melita and the entire Song Saa Family
Frequently Asked Questions
If you cancel your booking which required a deposit or payment in advance, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible.
- What is the Resort’s cancellation policy?
Yes, Reservations may be changed to another date without a fee until 30 September 2020.
- Can I reschedule my reservation for a later date?
- I booked through a third party vendor, can you help me?
For bookings made through an online booking platform or third party travel professionals please contact them directly – we have advised these companies of our cancellation policy and you should refer to their terms and conditions.
If you have a query regarding a booking you may contact our Reservations team at email@example.com.
- How do I contact guest reservations?
- What is the hotel doing right now for health and safety?
- All employees have attended hygiene and health well-being training by our Resort Doctor, all touch points in our Villas and Public Spaces are sanitised twice a day.
- All private pool water is drained and replaced when a guest checks-out. The Pool water is recycled for use in our gardens.
- Prior to boarding our speed boat in Sihanoukville Port your temperature is taken to ensure that you don’t have a fever, the same policy applies to all our Suppliers visiting the Island. Our speed boat is sanitised before and after each journey to the Mainland. Hand sanitiser is offered to all guests when boarding our speed boat.
- While a guest on the Island you are required to complete a Medical Waiver and questionnaire about your travel schedule during the Reservation process or prior to boarding our speed boat to the Island.
- Your temperature is monitored daily by our Resort Doctor during your stay with us.
- Work spaces & offices and Back of House areas are sanitised on a daily basis.
- The resort is using FORWARD, a disinfecting chemical from Diversey containing ethoxylated alcohol and ammonium chloride which does not deteriorate hard surfaces.
- Face masks are available with our Guest Experience team on request and subject to availability.